Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to my blog!

"In the Woods" was a theme that popped into my head while listening to the Beatles with "Norwegian Wood". Orignally my LJ blog was called "In the Norwegian Woods", but as time went by I shortened it. During my time on the internet I've come to like the "Woods" -theme and use it on almost all my internet sites. Different communities, flickr, etsy etc.etc. On all occasions I use it together with my nick Kat.

The "In the Woods"-theme is a strange thing for me to connect to as I'm scared silly of the woods (especially when dark). That might be why I find the woods so fascinating though...

Anyhow, I'm glad you took the time to visit, and I hope you'll get inspired during your stay. The idea behind this blog is mainly to have a place for me to rant and write my ramblings when I'm in a creative mood (and I often have a need for rant and ramblings when I'm being creative). In this blog you will get to know the creative me(not the personal me though - I keep my private life out of the internet sphere), you will see my photos(or my attempt at being artsy with photography) and my sewing skills(I'm no seamstress, but I try!) and get to know my dolls which to a high degree is were I focus my creative outlet. I got interested in dolls in 2007 after seeing them several places online and also in person through my sister (I blame her for all the dolls I have today). It started out with a line of dolls called Pullips (I'll write more about them later) and ended with a line of doll called Asian Ball- jointed Dolls (or ABJD/BJD). I'll give more info on both those doll types later.

At first I was fascinated my the fun of taking pictures of these dolls. I found them both interesting and beautiful models for good pictures. Later on I've also started to make doll clothes which is fascinating to me as I really never been especially fond of or good at sewing. As with many other things in life I found out that I'm a fast learner ;)

In my "real life" or "normal life" I don't get to be very creative, and you could say that I'm a creative soul trapped in a rational mind. Meaning that I need, from time to time, a creative outlet. Since 2007, that outlet has been my dolls.

So, I hope you'll enjoy your stay, and welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment