I'm not one of those people who need to have everything clean and tidy. Not at all, actually! I like things - I like old, vintage things. I'm a materialistic person, I'll be honest enough to admit that.
At the same time I don't like to have to much... stuff. Especially doll stuff. I feel cluttered... overwhelmed and unhappy. It's not that I stop liking my dolls, I still think they are just as sweet and pretty as when I bought them. But the more dolls I get, the more unhappy I get. And then the ultimate question - why buy something that in the end makes me feel uncomfortable? I have no good answer, really. Why do I feel cluttered when the number of dolls goes past four or five?
I've noticed lately that this isn't just me. Which makes me relieved. Very much so too. But it doesn't make me stop wondering why so many of us face this from time to time. Is it our rational minds forcing their way through a conciousness that really just want to think about the cuteness of our dolls, but don't quite manage? The U2 song "With or without you" is on a replay in my head right now, and I can't shake off the feeling that something similar might be well- fitting for me and my dolls... at least some days.
So what do you do in the doll world when you feel overwhelmed and cluttered? You sit down with all your dolls and struggle with the decision of who to let go. Most often it is the ones you photograph the least...
SOLD
Check out Shopadollic.com/forum/ (link to the right). And you don't even have to be a member to see the sales information ;D
No comments:
Post a Comment