Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP: The Blythe Makeover

Finally. It is time! I have started to work on my Blythe custom (after MONTHS of her waiting impatiently in her box). I am going to upload the WIP pictures both here on my blog, and on my Flickr. The difference is that I will write more about the obstacles and experiences I do while customizing here. So, if you just want to see the pictures - go to Flickr, if you think it is fun reading my little ramblings, stay here :)

I always thought that when SUMMER came, I would have time for my Blythe girl. After starting her customization though, I realize that I probably would have had more than enough time for her sooner. I always thought it would be long, time-consuming process, but being the newbie I am (and not into very complicated customization) - it really goes quite fast.

I did start with removing her scalp. It took a little bit of tugging and pulling, as well as a very un-sharp knife to help me, but it did come off eventually. I just smile everyime I see the picture below. She is all "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HAIR?" Haha!

WIP: Where's my hair?

Opening her face was a breeze. I read the horror stories about how difficult it could be to pop her open, but I gently pressed her ears - and then I pressed again really hard, and she popped up. Tada! I did remove all the screws, even the ones inside her head. I know that I could have probably let them stay in her head after loosening them, but hey - that is for next time. I got a little excited ;D The one and only problem for me though was her eyemech. Mainly because I had done so little reading on how to remove it, that it surprised me when I found out it was a little bit difficult. After finding my prefered tool (a flat screwdriver) and really, really push - it did not go out nice and easy, but made a super-jump and hit me on the nose. Ouch!

Well, first step: Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment